Aviatrix OpenVPN® Feature Highlights¶
This document highlights Aviatrix OpenVPN® features. For how to instructions, consult this link.
- Centrally Managed A single pane of glass allows you to manage all VPN users, VPN certificates and VPN user visibility.
- OpenVPN® Compatible Built on OpenVPN® and is compatible with all OpenVPN® client software.
- Split Tunnel Supports split tunnel mode where only specified CIDRs ranges go through the VPN tunnel.
- Full Tunnel Supports full tunnel mode where all user IP sessions including Internet browsing go through the VPN tunnel.
- PKI Management Supports Bring Your Own (BYO) PKI management system.
- Force Disconnect Any admin can force disconnect a VPN user from the controller console.
- Dashboard View all active VPN users and their connection history from the controller console dashboard.
- REST API Support REST API for all management activities.
- LDAP/AD Integration Authenticates VPN user from Aviatrix gateways in addition to VPN certificate authentication.
- DUO Integration Authenticates VPN user from Aviatrix gateways in addition to VPN cert authentication.
- OKTA Integration Authenticates VPN user from Aviatrix gateways in addition to VPN cert authentication.
- MFA Integration Combines LDAP and DUO for multi-factor authentication.
- Shared Certificate Supports a shared certificate arrangement among VPN users. (When this option is is selected, you should enable additional authentication options to ensure secure access.)
- Client SAML Integration Authenticates a VPN user directly from the Aviatrix VPN client to any IDP via SAML protocol.
Scale Out Performance¶
- TCP-based VPN For a universal/no firewall/no fuss user VPN solution, use an Aviatrix integrated NLB to load balance multiple Aviatrix VPN gateways. When NLB is used, OpenVPN® client software runs on TCP port 443. TCP-based VPN requires no special corporate firewall rules when VPN client is on-prem.
- UDP-based VPN For a high performance user VPN solution, use Aviatrix integrated AWS Route53 round robin routing to load balance multiple Aviatrix VPN gateways. When Route53 round robin routing is used, OpenVPN® client software runs on UDP port 1193. UDP-based VPN has improved file transfer performance.
- Geo VPN For TCP-based VPN, you can use Aviatrix integrated AWS Route53 latency-based routing to load balance clients residing in different geographic locations.
- VPN User VPN user connection history and bandwidth usage can be logged to Splunk, SumoLogic, ELK, Remote Syslog and DataDog.
- User Activity Each VPN user TCP/UDP session can be logged to Splunk, SumoLogic, ELK, Remote Syslog and DataDog.
- OpenVPN® Client Software All OpenVPN® client software is supported. The supported clients are macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Chromebook, Linux and BSD.
- Aviatrix VPN Client Aviatrix VPN Client supports macOS, Windows and Linux Debian distribution and BSD distribution. Choose Aviatrix VPN Client if you require SAML authentication directly from VPN client software.
OpenVPN is a registered trademark of OpenVPN Inc.